he Department of Anesthesia, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for an Anesthesiologist with an Academic position, at the Clinical Lecturer level at the Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary. The position will be a 0.8 FTE. The starting date for this position will be August 1, 2019.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas (with the exception of cardiac anesthesia) of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. Take an active role in the education and instruction of medical students, anesthesia residents, off service residents, respiratory therapy students, and other allied health members in both the operating room and other anesthesia service areas.
3. Participate in Section and zone-wide educational activities (in both presentation and audience roles).
4. Participate in simulation and team-training exercises.
5. Participate in Section and zone-wide administration and committee work at the discretion of the Section Chief and Zone Clinical Department Head.
6. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities, as well as other acute care sites as required by the section or zone department.
7. Members are required to use the anesthesia electronic record.
8. Members are required to adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
9. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of other members of your section.