The key purpose of the position of Associate Department Head of Surgery: Operational is to maintain the alignment between the academic mission and the clinical objectives and requirements of the Department.
· Lead the development and evaluation of clinical KPIs for AARPs across the Department.
· Work with the academic Associate Head and the Department Head to develop LOIs for AARPs. Areas primarily relate to clinical KPIs, manpower and budget issues.
· Chair the committee to review merit increases in AARPs related to clinical KPIs and discussion of FTE positions related to clinical contributions.
· Work with clinical sections to develop clinical ARPs and other non-fee-for-service arrangements within the department.
· Lead the development and revision of Academic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for AARPs across the Department.
· Chair the committee to review merit increases in AARPs related to academic and KPIs and FTE breakdown.
· Build and maintain strategic links between the Department of Surgery and AHS to facilitate the synchronization of the academic and clinical objectives of the department.
· Review performance issues related to clinical and communication difficulties with departmental faculty.
· Work with the Department Head, Site Chiefs and Section Heads to address operational issues within the Department.
· Provide delegate leadership for ad hoc working groups for surgical services related to quality, access and sustainability.
· Sit on search and selection committees primarily related to clinical faculty in the department.
· Reviews Departmental budget (U of C and AHS) quarterly with ZCDH and Departmental Manager.
· Serves as Acting ZCDH in the Department Heads absence.
· Manage the office space allocation across all Calgary Zone sites.
· Assist with resolution of patient concerns where necessary.
· Assist in the management of disruptive conduct.
· Assist in CA program management.
· Assist with block booking policy development and implementation.