Clinical Associates working in the Department of Surgery supplement the Junior Call schedule and provide acute care in-house services under the direct supervision of the Attending Surgeon. Duties and responsabilites include, but are not limited to:
- Assess and treat consults; provide report to Attending Surgeon.
- Answer pages and/or see all consults with 30 minutes, unless otherwise in the OR or providing services to another patient.
- Assist in the operating room (OR), as needed.
- Document and chart all patient interactions.
- Perform Sign Over Rounds (patient turnover) with Residents, Attenging staff, and Alternative Proivders as needed.
- Collaborate with allied Healthcare providers.
- Travel to other Calgary hospital sites, when multi-site consultation and treatment is required from a particular Section.