The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for the position of locum anesthesiologist at the Peter Lougheed Centre in Calgary.
We are looking for a 0.8 FTE Locum. The starting date for the position is May 1, 2020.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service, non-OR anesthesia services (e.g. endoscopy, diagnostic imaging, woman’s health outpatient clinics), and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities including eye clinics.
3. Take an active role in the education and instruction of medical students, anesthesia residents, off service residents, respiratory therapy students, orientees, and other allied health members in both the operating room and other anesthesia service areas.
4. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of a 0.8FTE for the Peter Lougheed Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine Section members.
5. Members are required to adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
6. All Applicants are to familiarize themselves with the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, PLC Anesthesia Section Policies.
Peter Lougheed Centre is a tertiary care center affiliated with the University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine and is one section within the citywide Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine. We provide anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties, including vascular, orthopedic, general surgery, ENT, plastic, oromaxillofacial, as well as gynecology/obstetrics.