The Department of Anesthesia, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for the position of Locum Tenens Anesthesiologist at the Peter Lougheed Centre in Calgary.
We are looking for a 1.0 FTE staff anesthesiologist. The starting date for the position is July 1, 2018 and end date is August 31, 2018.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service, non-OR anesthesia services (e.g. endoscopy, diagnostic imaging, woman’s health outpatient clinics), and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities, as well as other acute care sites, as required by the section or zone department.
3. Locum Tenens are required to use the anesthesia electronic record.
4. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of other 1.0 FTE members of the Peter Lougheed Department of Anesthesia section.
5. All Applicants are to familiarize themselves with the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, PLC Anesthesia Section Policies, as well as the PLC Locum Tenens Orientation handbook.
Peter Lougheed Centre is a tertiary care center affiliated with the University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine and is one section within the citywide Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine. We provide anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties, including vascular, orthopedic, general surgery, ENT, plastics, oromaxillofacial as well as gynecology/obstetrics.