The successful candidate will be required to take on an existing patient panel, and will be the primary preceptor for family medicine residents.
· Provide medical services to the patients of the Department of Family Medicine (DFM) Academic Teaching Clinics.
· Provide clinical teaching and assessment to the medical students, clerks, residents and Alberta International Graduate (AIMG) Program Externs.
· Provide task and patient coverage for colleagues as necessary; to provide continuity in time of need, flexibility to perform additional clinics may be requested.
· When appropriate, participate in after-hours lab coverage
· Participate in the Alberta Triplicate Prescription Program
· Willing to be a member of a Primary Care Network
· Demonstrate a willingness to be involved in activities outside of the clinic that promote family medicine
· Contribute to quality improvement initiatives and clinical program development
· Attend meeting such as clinical operations meeting, academic business meeting, and clinical team meetings, when available
· Participate in relevant education activities
· Participate in Interprofessional Education