The Department of Anesthesia, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for the position of Medical Director, Chronic Pain, Calgary Zone.
We are looking for a 1.0 FTE Physician. The starting date for the position is July 1, 2018.
This position will operate under the joint direction of the Clinical Department Head, Department of Anesthesia, and the Medical Leader for Community Health, Calgary Zone. Responsibilities include:
1. Participation in the recruitment and evaluation of physicians at the Calgary Pain Program in collaboration with the relevant Department Head.
2. Facilitation and leadership of changes in practice including evidence based practice models of care protocols, staff development, management practices, quality management, patient satisfaction and cost effectiveness outcomes.
3. Assistance in the appropriate academic departments of The University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine to develop and implement training programs in chronic pain.
4. Collaboration with other departments/programs in primary, secondary and tertiary care to enhance care for patients with chronic pain.
5. Collaboration with Primary Care Networks to develop and support chronic pain service delivery models with the Calgary Zone.
6. Participate in Section and zone-wide administration and committee work at the discretion of the Zone Clinical Department Head.
7. Liaison with other services areas to enhance coordination of services and dissemination of chronic pain expertise across Alberta Health Services.
8. Collaboration with academic institutions to provide training/educational opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate medical trainees.
9. Supporting the processes of research activities with the Calgary Pain Program and the Department of Anesthesia such that all research is high-quality, appropriate, and integrated into the overall activities of the Calgary Pain Program.
10. Acting as the physician representative for negotiations, implementation and monitoring of the Alternate Payment Plan.
11. Adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
12. Participation in the following committees:
a) Chair the Leadership Committee of the Calgary Pain Program
b) Calgary Medical Education Foundation
c) Calgary Pain Education Foundation
d) Co-chair the Clinical Improvement Committee
e) Zone Anesthesia Executive Committee
f) Anesthesia Academic Council
13. Display commitment to the Alberta Health Services mission statement and values, as well as to promoting our hospital’s four pillars of wellness, patient- and family-centered care, collaboration, and innovation.
14. Identify and balance priorities and interests in the public, Alberta Health Services and physicians.
15. All Applicants are to familiarize themselves with the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, have knowledge of Calgary Zone, Alberta Health Services structure, governance and operational departments.