Emergency Psychiatry at the FMC is responsible for supporting the Emergency Department with efficient consultation and management of patients with mental health concerns. The psychiatrists in this job are responsible for working with other psychiatrists, trained mental health nurses and ER staff to achieve this goal.
The job will be to share work in the afternoons, Monday through Friday. This job is primarily to respond to increased volume clinically, especially in the mornings and will be re-evaluated on an annual basis for its continued need.
The successful candidate for this position with be:
• Experienced in the role of acute care psychiatry and working within teams.
• Have a good working knowledge of medical issues and their relationship to psychiatric issues.
• Have good working experiences within a multidisciplinary team, and have references that endorse positive experiences in the team environment.
• Is capable of being flexible in supporting team members during vacations, conferences, etc.
• Is able to work with site leads toward improving the service.
• Has experience in educating residents and medical students and is able to lead a clinical educational team.