Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone, invites applications for the role of Deputy Zone Clinical Department Head - Emergency Medicine, Edmonton Zone.
This 0.2 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and rules, reports directly to the Edmonton Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH) for Emergency Medicine.
The successful candidate is responsible for assisting the ZCDH in carrying out his/her duties, leading and executing strategic priorities to effectively deliver high quality Emergency Medicine services across all AHS sites in the Edmonton zone. The Deputy ZCDH – Emergency Medicine – Quality will chair the Emergency Medicine Zone quality council which will lead, develop and implement quality related initiatives as it relates to Emergency Medicine in Edmonton Zone. S/he will also support Emergency Site Leads in physician periodic reviews, privileging recommendations and evaluation of the performance of medical staff working within the Department in accordance with policy and Medical Staff By-Laws rules and regulations.
The position of Deputy ZCDH – Emergency Medicine - Quality, is a senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone providing leadership support to the ZCDH (Emergency Medicine), contributing expert guidance and advice to matters within the Department of Emergency Medicine and conducting rigorous performance management and quality improvement. The Deputy ZCDH - Emergency Medicine must effectively collaborate with the Zone Clinical Department Head, Emergency Medicine Site Leads, Operational dyad partners, and Department members in achieving these outcomes. Other major accountabilities include:
- Chair Emergency Medicine Zone Quality Council
- Ensure the ongoing monitoring of quality clinical/medical practice across sites and ensure effective processes are in place to encourage best practice, improve clinical outcomes and meet Accreditation standards;
- Periodic Review Program and Performance Management – support the performance monitoring of medical staff.
- Supporting research and knowledge dissemination of zone projects.
- Emerging projects that align with the strategic vision of the Emergency Medicine Department at the direction of the ZCDH.