Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone, invites applications for the role of Deputy Zone Clinical Department Head - Emergency Medicine, Edmonton Zone.
This 0.2 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and rules, reports directly to the Edmonton Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH) for Emergency Medicine.
The successful candidate is responsible for assisting the ZCDH in carrying out his/her duties, leading and executing strategic priorities to effectively deliver high quality Emergency Medicine services across all AHS sites in the Edmonton zone. The Deputy ZCDH – Emergency Medicine will develop and implement a vision for provider professional development and will prioritize and champion provider wellness.
The position of Deputy ZCDH - Emergency Medicine, is a senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone providing leadership support to the ZCDH (Emergency Medicine), contributing expert guidance and advice to matters within the Department of Emergency Medicine. The Deputy ZCDH - Emergency Medicine must effectively collaborate with the Zone Clinical Department Head, Emergency Medicine Site Leads, Operational dyad partners, and Department members in achieving these outcomes. Other major accountabilities include:
- Professional Development (Including clinical and non-clinical, support for clinical privilege lists)
- Leading the Edmonton Zone high-fidelity in-situ simulation program
- Provider wellness
- Supporting communication strategies for the Edmonton Zone Emergency Medicine Community.
- Academic Liaison with the Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta
- Emerging projects that align with the strategic vision of the Emergency Medicine Department at the direction of the ZCDH.