Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH), Emergency.
This 0.5 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules reports directly to Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD) responsible for Emergency in the Edmonton Zone and the Edmonton Zone Medical Director (ZMD). The ZCDH for Emergency will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) responsible for Emergency using the AHS dyad model, and will be jointly responsible for providing integrated leadership for Emergency across the Edmonton Zone. Specific duties and responsibilities of the ZCDH are further defined in the AHS Medical Bylaws and Rules.
Zone Clinical Department Head, Emergency
The ZCDH for Emergency is a Senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone; providing leadership support to the AZMD, as well as supporting the vision of the Vice President and ZMD; contributing expert guidance and advice to matters within the Zone Clinical Department; and conducting rigorous performance management and quality improvement.
Other major accountabilities include:
• Achieving results - effective oversight of all Edmonton Zone Emergency services, activities and programs;
• Strategic Planning and Evaluation - development of Zone plans, priorities and performance agreements;
· Relationship Management - collaboration with stakeholders including other programs to improve system efficiency, the clients and families, the University of Alberta Academic Department of Emergency Medicine, professional associations, police and justice agencies, contracted agencies, and other community stakeholders;
· Quality - ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practice and improve quality as defined by structure, process, and outcomes;
· Patient Care - ensure high quality and safe patient care within the Zone Clinical Department and coordinated service delivery within all Facilities and communities of the Zone
· Physician Engagement - ensure physician involvement in, and promotion of, quality assurance, research and education initiatives, both site specific and department wide;
• Resource Management - effective management and stewardship of resources; and
· Performance Management - evaluation of the performance of medical staff, innovation and integration of high quality patient focused clinical care.