Alberta Health Services - North Zone, Grande Prairie, is seeking a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist and Skilled Surgeon, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Cataract surgery, Glaucoma, treatment of Diabetic Maculopathy and Age-related Macular Degeneration with Intravitreal Anti-VEGF injections and Uveitic syndromes.
The new Ophthalmologist will have Alberta Health Services hospital privileges.
The position will include hospital call.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Grande Prairie
• Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
• Provide hospital and call support as required
• Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
• Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate may choose to join an existing community based practice; or practice independently within the community.
The QEII Regional Hospital is a 150 bed acute care facility with a busy emergency department, ICU, NICU and specialty services in OB/Gyn, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, urology, palliative care, pediatrics, and psychiatry; hosting over 10,000 discharges, approximately 60,000 emergency department visits, over 1,700 deliveries and more than 15,000 surgical procedures annually.
A new larger Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is currently under construction and is on schedule to open late in 2019, increasing the capacity to provide services to the people of Northwestern Alberta and Northeastern BC.