Qualifications include an MD, proof of eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA), and certification in General Pathology or Anatomical Pathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology (AP/CP) by the American Board of Pathology. Subspecialty fellowship training (dermatopathology, GI pathology, breast pathology) would be welcome but not required.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of:
- good communication skills
- collegiality, including the maintenance of good relationships with non-lab physicians and other professional healthcare providers
- an interest in lab management
- familiarity with generally used lab computer systems and ability to work in a computerized work environment
- strong diagnostic skills
- commitment to continuing medical education.
- interest in Quality Assurance would be considered an asset
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Please note that all healthcare providers working within AHS and APL must provide a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search in compliance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.