ZONE CLINICAL SECTION CHIEF - Gastroenterology/Endoscopy
The ZCSC is responsible for the section of Gastroenterology/Endoscopy, within the department of Internal Medicine. Principal responsibilities relate to the day-to-day running of the section and working with operational staff to deliver high quality, safe patient care.
Although the ZCSC has a number of formal responsibilities under the bylaws, perhaps the most important part of their work is developing a culture of collaboration in the section, within the Zone Clinical Department for Internal Medicine. The ZCSC, provides input and is responsible for planning and provision of Gastroenterology/Endoscopy services throughout Central Zone.
This role reports to and is supervised by the Zone Clinical Department Head for Internal Medicine.
• Meet with your operational partners regularly
• Convene and manage meetings of the clinical section
• Work with other Zone Clinical Departments/sections where appropriate
• Provide input to planning and provision of gastroenterology/endoscopy services throughout the Zone
• Periodic reviews for department members (every 3 years, or annual for staff > 65 years old)
• Together with your dyad partner, promote high quality endoscopy services across the zone, including zone-wide implementation of C-GRS, and development of centralized intake for endoscopy services.
• Identify need for and manage recruitment together with Medical Affairs
• Workforce service planning
• Manage local issues related to physicians, including concerns and complaints
• Identify organizational risks (patient safety, political, media) and escalate to medical and operational leadership
Informal enquiries and discussion prior to application welcomed