Certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the Royal College of Dentists of Canada or an equivalent professional body is preferred. In addition, the successful applicant will have:
· Progressive senior leadership experience in a healthcare environment, including five years’ experience in a senior management role in clinical services or healthcare operations
· Successful record of achievement as a leader, including extensive experience in improvement and innovation in service delivery in large and diverse range of health functions
· Proven success as an adaptive strategic leader who is able to be both resolute and flexible and be able to react strategically to environmental shifts.
· Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others
· Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing long term quality services
· Ability to assist in the development of medical leadership including development conversations, goal setting, and mentorship/coaching responsibilities
· Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
· Ability to manage diverse human, financial and physical resources within a complex environment
· Proven success in working collaboratively and effectively with key stakeholders
· Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within a large, diverse organization.
· Ability to foster a climate of cooperation amongst, and build solid relationships with public agencies, foundations, government, boards, committees and other partners