Back to Search Print Posting
Medical Informatics Lead - Renal Provincial Program
Part Time Practice
2019-02-07 Time: 23:59
As Soon as a Suitable Candidate is Found
AHS is recruiting for this position.
This 0.2 FTE position is an exciting new medical leadership opportunity within Connect Care. The role has responsibility to, and endorsement from, their Zone Medical Director, and Zone Associate Chief Medical Information Officer.
Strong physician leadership is required to promote care transformation with implementation of an AHS Provincial Clinical Information System (CIS). As part of the Connect Care (CC) transformational agenda, AHS will transition from paper to electronic care records across the continuum of care. Physician leadership is essential to help this happen, and physicians will be relied on heavily throughout the various phases of the Connect Care initiative for their knowledge, experience, and ability to mobilize their peers to action.
A Medical Informatics Lead (MIL) is a well-established physician who advocates for AHS strategic information management initiatives, anticipates impacts on stakeholders, identifies issues, and helps to resolve problems.
- MILs champion clinical area thinking, standardizing care and workflows across facilities where possible.
- MILs participate in CC CIS design, configuration, adoption, testing, deployment, and optimization; while helping to mobilize clinician engagement for customization and personalization processes.
- MILs develop proficiency with CIS uses and functions to facilitate more productive communications and interactions with vendor, provincial and zone technical teams.
- MILs promote health systems quality assurance, patient safety and clinical improvement within AHS and stakeholder communities in order to promote efficient and effective use of the CIS and accomplishment of Connect Care goals.
- MILs promote peer development, health information literacy and medical informatics capacity-building within their respective zones.
- MILs promote meaningful use of CIS through peer outreach, nurturing a variety of physician contributions, and development of specialized Medical Informatics lead and builder roles.
- MILs participate in CC Communities of Practice, promoting effective user group activities for their clinical area.
- MILs facilitate validation and field testing of medical informatics policies and procedures while encouraging greater synergy and standardization of information practices in their zone.
- MILs report to a zone ACMIO and advocate for clinical area medical informatics interests at relevant Connect Care committees, councils and advisory groups.
- MILs maintain appropriate reporting relationships to clinical area, department, section or divisional organizational structures.
Hold a permit for independent practice of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA).
David Pincock, MBA, MScIB, CPHIMS-CA
Director Medical Informatics and Training - CMIO
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).